Webster Elementary School
The modernization program at Webster Elementary School is complete. This two-year project upgraded all of the rooms on campus with new flooring, windows, doors and air conditioning. We appreciate construction is challenging for everyone: students, faculty, staff, and parents, and we appreciate your patience. These needed improvements are making the school site a better facility for learning.
The school now has:
- New 21st-century educational technology in all learning spaces.
- Modern windows, doors and flooring. And we made important improvements to make campus more accessible to all.
- Improved parking lots and drop-off/pick-up zones that have improved student safety and visitor convenience.
- Upgraded stage technology in the cafetorium — educators can now be assisted remotely by district staff.
- Automatic shut-off valves for natural gas lines, which help prevent fire in the event of a substantial seismic event.
The 2019-20 school year began with important changes to welcome the new Seaside preschool and Bridges transitional kindergarten programs to campus. The move included upgrades to the kindergarten yard including:
- Five new shade structures.
- Drinking fountains and bottle fillers.
- Water permeable pavers that reduce runoff.
- Upgraded accessibility ramp.
- Visitor-management system that will increase campus security.
- The district finished installing earthquake valves on natural-gas supply lines earlier this year to bolster campus safety. These valves automatically shut off if a large enough seismic event is detected, reducing the risk of fire.
And, perhaps the most welcome change: Webster parents, students and staff began the school year with no construction zones.
Next up for the campus: We have hired architects to design upgrades to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems throughout the campus. Work is scheduled to start in June 2020 with completion expected in December.