Campus Assessment Online Community Meetings
About the Community Meetings and Campus Assessments
The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District will hold a series of online community meetings in May and June to gather feedback on nine campuses from parents, school neighbors and community members.
The meetings are part of the district’s campus assessment process as it continues to align its instructional programs and environments to the way students learn and the jobs of the 21st century and to make those environments adaptable for future changes in coming decades.
What is a campus assessment? It is the first step in planning changes to campuses and classrooms to
align with the district’s educational specifications, which were finalized in 2019. The district has
hired architects to assess nine campuses. The final assessments will recommend a series of
changes and improvements to address where the current campus environment needs alignment
with the goals of using 21st-century teaching and learning methods.
How to Join the Online Meetings
To join the community meetings online, you will need to download the Zoom app to your computer, smartphone or tablet. Then just follow the links below the name of the school and meeting time. Links will be published on this page as the meetings grow closer. Here's the meeting schedule and links to the Zoom conference. We will publish Zoom links on this page approximately 72 hours out from the meetings.
- John Muir Elementary/SMASH | June 3, 1:30-3:30 p.m. | Zoom link | PDF of presentation
- Edison Language Academy | June 11, 3-5:30 p.m. |
- Franklin Elementary School | June 16, 5-6:30 p.m. |
- Roosevelt Elementary School | June 17, 4:30-6:30 p.m. |
- Grant Elementary School | May 14, 6-8 p.m. | PDF of presentation
- Lincoln Middle School | May 19, 6-8 p.m. | PDF of presentation
- John Adams Middle School | May 26, 4-6 p.m. | PDF of presentation
- Will Rogers Learning Community | May 27, 4:30-6 p.m. | Zoom link | PDF of presentation
- McKinley Elementary School | June 2, 6-8 p.m. | Zoom link | PDF of presentation
For Questions About Campus Assessments and These Meetings
For Lincoln, Grant, Rogers, McKinley and Edison: email Michael Burke.
For JAMS, John Muir/SMASH, Franklin and Roosevelt: email Barbara Chiavelli.
For More Information