Seventh Grade Math Overview
Back to Middle School Math Curriculum Guides >
Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
The Number Sense
- Apply and extend previous understandings of perations with fractions to add, subract, multiply and divide rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.
Modeling with Geometry
- Apply geometric concepts in modeling situations.
Guaranteed Viable Curriculum
Course Big Picture
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.