Kindergarten Math Overview
Back to Elementary School Curriculum Guides >
Counting and Cardinality, CC
- Know number names and the count sequence
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Compare numbers
Operations and Algebraic Thinking, OA
- Understanding addition as putting together and adding to, and understanding subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Number and Operations in Base Ten, NBT
- Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
Measurement and Data, MD
- Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- Classify objects and count the number of objects in categories.
- Identify and describe shapes.
- Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.
Guaranteed Viable Curriculum
Course Big Picture
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.