Fourth Grade Math Overview
Back to Elementary School Curriculum Guides >
Operations and Algebraic Thinking, OA
- Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
- Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
- Generate and analyze patterns.
Number and Operations in Base Ten, NBT
- Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers.
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations - Fractions, NF
- Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
- Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.
Measurement and Data, MD
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects
- Represent and interpret data
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of angle and measure angles.
Guaranteed Viable Curriculum
Course Big Picture
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.