Third Grade Math Overview
Back to Elementary School Curriculum Guides >
Operations and Algebraic Thinking, OA
- Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division.
- Understand properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division. Multiply and divide within 100.
- Multiply and divide within 100.
- Solve problems involving the four operations, and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic.
Number and Operations in Base Ten, NBT
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations - Fractions, NF
- Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
Measurement and Data, MD
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects
- Represent and interpret data
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition.
- Geometric measurement: recognize perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
- Reason with shapes and their attributes
Guaranteed Viable Curriculum
Course Big Picture
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.