We follow the guidance of the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, which may be subject to change.
Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s Reopening Protocol for K-12 Schools
School Immunization Requirement:
Up-to-Date Immunizations are required for both in-person and virtual learning. It is now more important than ever to prevent an additional outbreak.
Call your doctor to schedule required and recommended vaccines such as the Flu. For more information refer to ShotsforSchool.
Proper Hand Hygiene (Spanish)
Hand washing - Wet Hands. Add soap. Scrub front and back of hands, in-between fingers, fingernails, thumbs, and wrists for 20 seconds. Rinse. Dry
Hand Sanitizer - must be used under direct supervision of young children. 60% or greater alcohol content. Follow instructions for hand washing and AIR DRY. Drying process is how it works
Cough & Sneeze into your elbow and clean hands.
Cleaning and Disinfecting (Spanish): Read labels on all cleaning products. Clean surfaces first to remove dirt. Apply disinfectant as instructed with enough dwell time (time disinfectant must stay wet on surface to kill germs).
Symptoms consistent with COVID19 (Spanish)
At least one symptom of: cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
OR at least two symptoms of: fever, chills, rigors, myalgia, headache, sore throat, or changes in taste or smell.
- Report to school nurse if you (staff) or your child (student) have symptoms consistent with COVID19.
- Call your Healthcare Provider
- Follow Home Isolation (Spanish) Instructions
Home Isolation (Spanish): Staff or students with symptoms consistent with COVID19 must follow the LA Dept. Public Health Home Isolation Orders. Regardless of positive or negative COVID-19 test result, staff and students may ONLY return in person to school when all criteria have been met:
- 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms
- Fever-free for 24hrs WITHOUT fever reducing medication (Tylenol or Advil)
- Symptoms are improving
- School Nurse has provided clearance to return
Possible Exposure/Quarantine (Spanish):The school nurse in partnership with the LA Dept. Public Health will be involved in contact tracing, determining exposure, and notifying any staff and students that have been exposed and need to quarantine for 14 days.
Exposures are defined as:
- Being within 6ft of a person with suspected or confirmed COVID19 for a prolonged period of time (15minutes within an hour) with or without a mask.
- Any unprotected contact with bodily fluids (saliva, mucous, blood, vomit, stool).
Determined not to have COVID-19: Staff and students may return PRIOR to Home Isolation 10day minimum requirement only IF:
- Healthcare provider attests that is not COVID-19 and determines an alternative diagnosis
- A written note by the Healthcare Provider is given to the School Nurse.
- School Nurse has provided clearance to return to school
- Viral Swap: Tells if you have a current infection at the time of testing. Note, coronavirus testing is not 100% accurate
- Antibody Blood Test: May indicate if you have had a previous infection. May take 1-3 weeks after infection to make antibodies. Having antibodies is not proven to provide protection against reinfection.
- Call your doctor or visit LA County Testing Website to schedule a test.
Confidentiality: All information regarding a person’s COVID status is confidential information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the school site nurse.
Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome is a rare, but serious childhood complication of COVID-19.
Call your child’s doctor right away with any unusual symptoms, particularly a fever lasting longer than 24 hours, cough, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, trouble breathing, confusion or overly tired.
- Food Resources
- Housing & Social services
For more information, please refer to Los Angeles Department of Public Health