Samohi PTSA Mini-Grant Program
Dear SAMOHI Community,
The SAMOHI PTSA introduced the Mini-Grant program in 2004 to provide financial support for special projects and expenses for clubs and organizations that do not currently receive PTSA funding or have regular funding sources.
Grants of up to $250 are awarded in the fall and spring, and applicants can receive only one grant per academic year. Each application must have a faculty sponsor.
An advisory committee evaluates requests based on educational value and impact on the SAMOHI community. Specifically, applications must address the following questions:
- What is the purpose and educational/community value of your project?
- How will your project have an impact on the larger SAMOHI community, and how do you propose to share information with other students, staff and/or families?
- What specific items will be funded by the grant?
- Does your group currently receive financial support from the PTSA, SMMUSD or SMEF?
- What other funding is available for your project? Do you have other fundraising efforts planned?
A few recent examples of Mini-Grants are as follows: entry fees and transportation costs for an exhibit, event, conference or competition; materials or supplies for a campus show or event; supplies to support club volunteer activities; and materials to support in-class learning projects.
Fall semester grant applications are due Friday, October 13 at 11:59 a.m. Recipients will be notified by Friday, October 20, 2023 via email.
Expense receipts for items purchased by the grant will be due December 15, 2023 unless special permission is obtained to extend this deadline. If funds granted go unused without explanation, the club/organization’s grant request may be denied the following year.
Please email applications to email@example.com, and submit a hard copy to the Principal’s Office, AD400 in the Administration Building (look for a basket on the counter by Ms. Springer).
If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org