Samohi PTSA Mini Grants
PTSA Mini Grants for Special Projects
The SAMOHI PTSA Mini-Grant Program provides financial support for special projects to Samohi clubs and organizations.
A few recent examples of Mini-Grants are as follows: entry fees and transportation costs for an exhibit, event, conference or competition; materials or supplies for a campus show or event; supplies to support club volunteer activities; and materials to support in-class learning projects.
Grants of up to $250 are awarded in the fall and spring, and applicants can receive only one grant per academic year. Each application must have a faculty sponsor. All grant projects must be completed by the last day of the semester in which the grant is awarded, unless otherwise agreed upon.
An advisory committee evaluates requests based on educational value and impact on the Samohi community and curriculum. We regret that there are a limited number of grants available and we cannot always fund all the worthy projects. Priority is given to student-led applications. Applications must address the following questions:
- What is the purpose and educational/community value of your project? How are students selected to participate in this project, and how will they benefit?
- How will your project have an impact on the larger Samohi community, and how do you propose to share information with other students, staff and/or families?
- What specific items will be funded by the grant?
- Does your group currently receive financial support from either the PTSA, SMMUSD or SMEF?
- What other funding is available for your project? Do you have other fundraising efforts planned?
Fall semester grant applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 11:59pm. Recipients will be notified via email by Friday, October 15th, 2021.
Expense receipts for fall grants are due by January 31, 2022, unless special permission is obtained to extend this deadline. If funds go unused without explanation by January 31, the grant award is null and void.
Please submit the application form found at https://tinyurl.com/fallminigrant by 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 6,, 2021. If you require a hard copy, have questions, or need to submit any supplemental materials, please email email@example.com.