Samohi PTSA Mini Grants
PTSA Mini Grants for Special Projects
The SAMOHI PTSA introduced the Mini-Grant program in 2004 to provide financial support for special projects and expenses for clubs and organizations that do not currently receive PTSA funding or have regular funding sources.
Grants of up to $250 are awarded in the fall and spring, and applicants can receive only one grant per academic year. Each application must have a faculty sponsor. All grant projects must be completed by the last day of school in June.
An advisory committee evaluates requests based on educational value and impact on the SAMOHI community. Specifically, applications must address the following questions:
- What is the purpose and educational/community value of your project?
- How will your project have an impact on the larger SAMOHI community, and how do you propose to share information with other students, staff and/or families?
- What specific items will be funded by the grant?
- Does your group currently receive financial support from the PTSA, SMMUSD or SMEF?
- What other funding is available for your project? Do you have other fundraising efforts planned?
A few recent examples of Mini-Grants are as follows: entry fees and transportation costs for an exhibit, event, conference or competition; materials or supplies for a campus show or event; supplies to support club volunteer activities; and materials to support in-class learning projects.
Second semester grant applications are due Friday, February 14, 2020 by 4:00pm. Recipients will be notified by Friday, February 28, 2020 via email.
Expense receipts for items purchased by the grant will be due by May 8, 2020, unless special permission is obtained to extend this deadline. If funds granted go unused without explanation, the club/organization’s grant request may be denied the following year.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit a hard copy in the Records Office, AD400 in the Administration Building (look for a basket on the counter by Ms. Springer).
If you have questions, please email: email@example.com