Franklin School Safety Guidelines
For the safety of your child DO NOT drop children off earlier than 8:15 AM as there is no supervision until 8:15 AM.
- The parking lot is for school staff parking only. Do not drive through, or walk through the lot to drop off or pick up your children.
- Students are to enter school through the gate entrances, not through the main hall entrance.
- Students in grades 1-5 are to go directly to the playground and remain south of the red line until the line up bell at 8:27 a.m. All classes meet at their line up location.
- Park your car on a side street and walk your child to and from school.
- No double-parking.
- Never permit your child to run between a double-parked car and parked cars!
- Always stay in your car when in the drop-off/pick-up lane. Pull forward and keep it moving.
- Drop-off/pick-up is not permitted in the red zones, handicap zones or bus zones.
- Do not pull into alleys or driveways adjacent to school.
- No U-turns on Idaho between 23rd and 25th streets or on Montana Ave. between 23rd and 25th streets.
- Violators are subject to substantial fines issued by SMPD.
- Children must cross with the crossing guards stationed at these corners:
24th and Montana; 24th and Idaho; 26th and Montana
Helmets are mandatory!
- Children may ride bikes to school starting in the 4th Grade.
- Bike racks are located behind rooms 13 and 14.
- Bike locks are required.
- Children must walk their bikes on school grounds.
- Bike riding, skateboards, roller blades/skates, scooters and motorized items are not allowed on school grounds at any time.
- Please inform all child care providers of their responsibility to adhere to the above rules.