Franklin School Discipline Policy
Students may be suspended from school (by the administration) or the classroom (by the teacher) as listed in Education Code 48900 for the following:
- Caused, attempted, or threatened to cause physical injury to another person;
- Possessed, sold or furnished any firearm, knife, explosive or other dangerous object, unless possession was with written permission from a certified employee concurred in by the principal;
- Unlawfully possessed, used, sold or furnished, or been under the influence of, any controlled substance, and alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant;
- Unlawfully offered, arranged or negotiated to sell any controlled substance, and alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant, and then either sold, delivered or furnished to any person another liquid, substance, or material and represented it as a controlled substance, alcoholic beverage or intoxicant;
- Committed or attempted to commit robbery or extortion;
- Caused or attempted to cause damage to school or private property;
- Stole or attempted to steal school or private property;
- Possessed or used tobacco;
- Committed an obscene act or engaged in habitual profanity or vulgarity;
- Had unlawful possession of or unlawfully offered, arranged, or negotiated to sell any drug paraphernalia;
- Disrupted school activities or willfully defied valid authority;
- Knowingly received stolen school or private property; or
- Sexual harassment.
School grounds, including the classrooms, bathrooms, playgrounds and hallways, are constantly monitored. Teachers may suspend students from their classroom for infraction of school and/or class rules. The student may be required to make up work missed during suspension.