Physical Education Policies
Lock and Locker Policy
All students will be issued a P.E. locker for the entire school year. Students are responsible for damaged lockers. Girls must bring their own combination Master lock, since their locker room facility does not provide built-in locks. Boys are provided a built-in lock in their locker. Secure your locker before you leave the locker room. The Physical Education Department assumes no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen items.
Excuses and Dressing Policy
If students are able to attend school, they are required to dress for their Physical Education class. If it is necessary to be excused from class activity, a note written by a parent or physician must be presented to the instructor prior to roll call that day. If a student becomes ill or injured during the school day, he/she must obtain a temporary note from the nurse. A parent note must be presented the following day. A student excused for more than 5 school days by a parent’s note will be required to obtain a doctor’s excuse and clear it with the nurse’s office before class on the sixth excused day. Students excused more than a week may be assigned an alternate program or written assignment. Extended injuries or illnesses of three weeks or more may require alternative scheduling.
Sports and Fitness Portfolio
Written assignments are an integrated part of Lincoln’s Physical Education curriculum. Written assignments include record keeping, quizzes, tests, and materials provided by the teacher. The Fitness Portfolio, maintained throughout the year, keeps record of fitness assessments in the mile run. Students are required to maintain a 1” 3-ring folder and a clipboard.
For your child’s safety and health we require all students to dress appropriately and wear proper athletic shoes. The approved PE attire consists of:
- Clean Lincoln logo T-shirt (or solid light gray T-shirt)
- Clean Lincoln logo black shorts (or solid black shorts)
- Clean Lincoln logo black sweatshirt and/or sweatpants (or solid black sweatshirt and/or solid black sweatpants)
- Non-marking, rubber soled, closed-toe athletic soles designed for court sports and games
- Oversized or “sagging” shorts are not allowed. Student’s last name must be printed clearly on all items of PE clothing, last name and first initial. No other markings are allowed on PE clothing
If students forget their PE clothes, it is their responsibility to obtain loaners. They are allowed three loaners per semester from their P.E. teacher. After the three loaners option has been exhausted, students who do not dress for PE will receive a nonsuit.
Failure to dress in appropriate physical education attire will result in the following progressive discipline:
- 3 non-suits per semester will result in teacher discipline.
- If noncompliance continues, parent contact and a referral to school administrator may occur
Students who need assistance with obtaining a Lincoln PE uniform should see their school counselor.