SMMUSD COVID Dashboard
The data in the chart is color coded to represent the number of staff and students who have been on a SMMUSD campus in the last 14 days and who either:
- are on isolation (due to COVID-like symptoms and/or positive test)
- have a positive test
- or are quarantined (exposed)
These numbers are inclusive of COVID-19 cases among in-person SMMUSD staff or students who were on campus during the time in which they may have been infectious. This data is automatically updated live by SMMUSD nursing staff as numbers change. Individuals will be counted until they are cleared by the School Nurse in accordance with LA County Dept. of Public Health (LACDPH) guidelines.
The table below reflects the same information as the graph in a table format.
The trend graph below tracks the daily district totals starting 1/26/21.
Communication Process in the Event of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
In the event there is a confirmed case, LACDPH will be notified. The School Nurse will conduct contact tracing, determine close contacts and notify those that may have been exposed while on campus.
General notifications regarding a confirmed COVID-19 case on site will be sent to staff and families in accordance with LACDPH guidelines. A general notification of a positive case does not indicate that you have been directly exposed.
An exposure is defined as:
- Within 6ft of an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes in a 24hr period, with or without a mask
- In the same cohort (class) of an individual confirmed to have COVID-19
- Direct contact with bodily fluids of an individual confirmed to have COVID-19
Note: Travel may be included as an exposure and require a quarantine period -refer to current Health Orders.
Please refer to the SMMUSD Coronavirus page for up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus and Safety Protocols.