To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
- You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester's grades.
- The first 4 points must be from LIST I (unless you are a senior applying for membership in February or June).
- The first 7 points (including the 4 points described above) must be from LISTS I and II.
- The remaining points may come from any LIST (I, II or III). A course list can be found here.
- You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
- No CSF points are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving clerking and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
- CSF points are granted as follows:
- a grade of A = 3 CSF points.
- a grade of B = 1 CSF point.
Note: One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP, IB, or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
- a grade of C = 0 CSF points.
- a grade of D or F in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time.
- NOTE: More points are given for courses taken under the auspices of a college. Check with you adviser for the exact numbers.
- Semester membership is based on work done in the previous semester. (Under very limited circumstances summer school may also be used; you should check with your adviser before listing any summer school work.)
- You must reapply each semester.