DISTRICT PRIORITIES 2016 - 19
· Provide inclusive, engaging and culturally-responsive Tier I instruction to our diverse, PreK-12 student population.*
· Align our curriculum to the California standards.*
· Work in highly-effective teams to support teaching and learning.
· Integrate College and Career Readiness, Technology and 21st Century Skills throughout the curriculum.*
· Implement an ethnic studies/American culture curriculum such that all high school students have a common academic experience prior to graduation.
· Implement a set of early warning indicators aligned to multi-tiered, systematic responses.*
Human Resources Development
· Recruit a highly-qualified staff that mirrors our student demographics.*
· Retain staff by providing a positive work climate, recognition and effective evaluations.*
· Collaborate with SMMCTA, SEIU, and other partners to build staff capacity.*
· Support and develop effective school and district leadership through coaching.*
· Include anti-bullying and social-emotional supports within the curriculum.*
· Strengthen health and wellness services to our students.
· Create positive school climate and school connectedness.*
· Develop systems that support positive student behavior and implement restorative means of correction.*
Resource and Facility Management
· Develop a long-term facility plan.
· Ensure facilities are safe, sustainable and well-maintained.
· Prepare our school communities for emergencies and disasters.
· Attain and maintain a balanced and fiscally-responsible budget.
Parent and Community Partnerships
· Engage families meaningfully to support student learning with an emphasis on historically under-represented parents.*
· Communicate news and information to staff, parents and the community.*
· Collaborate with city, education, business and philanthropic partners.
· Provide quality customer service throughout the district.