|Ways to Apply
Reminder: RESUME IS NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM. Submission of a resume is OPTIONAL unless specified on the job specification.
In order to be considered for employment in the classified service at the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, applicants must go through an examination process and have their names placed on an Eligibility List.
The following are the steps involved in placing applicants on an Eligibility List upon submittal of their application:
- Submitted applications will be reviewed for minimum education and experience requirements and verification that all application requirements are met.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance or rejection of the application.
- Applicants meeting the requirements will be notified of the next step of the examination process.
- Applicants submitting their name for the Job Interest List will be notified once a recruitment and examination is scheduled for that particular job. Applications are only accepted during the designated application filing period for that job.
- Applicants successful in all parts of the examination process will have their names placed on an Eligibility List by score. Ranks will be assigned by final score with the highest score receiving Rank 1. Eligibility Lists are generally active for one year.
- When job openings (vacancies) occur, a list of the top 3 Ranks from the Eligibility List will be certified to the appointing authority (usually the supervisor of the position) who will schedule and conduct final selection interviews for the job.
- The appointing authority will make a recommendation to the Personnel Commission on the selected candidate.
- An offer of employment will be made by authorized Personnel Commission staff contingent on:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Proof of a negative Tuberculosis medical examination.
- Fingerprint and background investigation and clearance.
- Salary: New employees are usually appointed at the first step of a salary range. An employee will receive a salary increase upon successful completion of an initial probationary period for all regular positions. All salaries are subject to deductions for withholding tax, retirement contributions and Social Security. Pay periods are twice monthly. Information about benefits is listed on the job announcement bulletin.
If you are notified of disqualification after any part of the examination process and you do not agree, you may appeal to the Personnel Director. The appeal must be in writing and be received in the Personnel Commission office within five (5) working days from the postmarked date of notice.
DISCLAIMER - click here (Must read the disclaimer in its entirety)