|Updated March 2018
On February 5, 2008, the voters of Santa Monica and Malibu approved by 73.03% the Measure R parcel tax, which combines and replaces the previous Measures Y and S parcel taxes, contains a CPI-U adjustment, and allows those senior citizens who qualify to be exempted from the tax if they:
- Are 65 years old by June 30, 2018
- Own and occupy their property as their primary residence
- Annually apply for exemption
Seniors who applied for & received the exemption will be sent a 2018-19 Renewal Form in April, which needs to be completed, signed & returned by June 30, 2018.
First-time applicants may:
- Call (310) 450-8338, ext. 70263 to request an application or
- Print the application from our website: Click below on Application for Senior Exemption
Application for Senior Exemption - Available after April 2018.
Completed & signed applications must be returned, along with required proofs of age and property ownership, to:
Measure R Senior Exemption
Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
1651 16th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404-3891
Applications must be received and/or postmarked by June 30, 2018.