|The Facilities Management Department at the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District manages maintenance, repair, and safe operation of buildings; grounds and equipment; and custodial and landscape operations.
To assure reliability, efficiency and adequacy in all building maintenance and operations, we track repair work from initiation to completion.
- Maintenance Planning: Administers planning for Maintenance Unit construction projects, including deferred maintenance, energy/utility management, and major repair and replacement.
- Repair Dispatch: Responds to urgent requests for maintenance and repairs. Performs preventative maintenance programs.
- Custodial Operations: cleaning services, activity set-up and maintenance supplies for all facilities.
- Landscape Operations: landscaping, irrigation and pest management for all facilities.
- Facility Rental Permit: Please go to the Facility Permit page for information regarding renting a school gym, ball field, classroom, auditorium, library, etc. at any school.
- Theater Operations: Please go to the Theater Operations page for more information regarding renting Barnum Hall, other Theaters/Auditoriums, or Filming and holding large Special Events at any of our facilities.
- Work Orders: In order to request facility work at your site, please contact your Office Manager, who will review and submit your request to Facilities via the on-line work order system.
- Integrated Pest Management: As required by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation and the California Healthy Schools Act, Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District maintains an Integrated Pest Management program that focuses on long-term prevention or suppression of pest problems. Pests will be controlled to protect the health and safety of students and staff, maintain a productive learning environment and maintain the integrity of school buildings and grounds. It is the goal of the District to provide for the safest and lowest risk approach to control pest problems while protecting students, staff, the environment and property.
Click here for the Integrated Pest Management report.