|The Facilities Management Department at the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District manages maintenance, repair, and safe operation of buildings; grounds and equipment; and custodial and landscape operations.
To assure reliability, efficiency and adequacy in all building maintenance and operations, we track repair work from initiation to completion.
- Maintenance Planning: Administers planning for Maintenance Unit construction projects, including deferred maintenance, energy/utility management, and major repair and replacement.
- Repair Dispatch: Responds to urgent requests for maintenance and repairs. Performs preventative maintenance programs.
- Custodial Operations: cleaning services, activity set-up and maintenance supplies for all facilities.
- Landscape Operations: landscaping, irrigation and pest management for all facilities.
- Facility Rental Permit: Please go to the Facility Permit page for information regarding renting a school gym, ball field, classroom, auditorium, library, etc. at any school.
- Theater Operations: Please go to the Theater Operations page for more information regarding renting Barnum Hall, other Theaters/Auditoriums, or Filming and holding large Special Events at any of our facilities.
- Work Orders: In order to request facility work at your site, please contact your Office Manager, who will review and submit your request to Facilities via the on-line work order system.