|Number and Quantity
The Real Number System
- Extend the properties of exponents
- Use properties of rational and irrational numbers
- Reason quantitatively and use units to solve problems
Seeing Structure in Expressions
- Interpret the structure of expressions
- Write expressions in equivalent forms to solve problems
Arithmetic with Polynomials and Rational Expressions
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials
- Create equations that describe numbers or relationships
Reasoning with Equations and Inequalities
- Understand solving equations as a process of reasoning and explain the reasoning
- Solve equations and inequalities in one variable
- Solve systems of equations
- Represent and solve equations and inequalities graphically
- Understand the concept of a function and use function notation
- Interpret functions that arise in applications in terms of the context
- Analyze functions using different representations.
- Build a function that models a relationship between two quantities
- Build new functions using different representations.
Linear, Quadratic, and Exponential Models
- Construct and compare linear, quadratic, and exponential models and solve problems
- Interpret expressions for functions in terms of the situation they model
Statistics and Probability
Interpreting Categorical and Quantitative Data
- Summarize, represent, and interpret data on a single count or measurement variable
- Summarize, represent, and interpret data on two categorical and quantitative variables
- Interpret linear models.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.