|Ratios and Proportional Relationships
The Number Sense
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtraction, multiply, and divide rational numbers
Expressions and Equations
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume
Statistics and Probability
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.