|The Number Sense
Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Apply and extend previous understandings of mulitpication and division to divide fractions by fractions
- Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume
Expressions and Equations
- Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities
- Develop understanding of statistical variability
- Summarize and describe distributions
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.