Youcubed Week of Inspirational Math
Set routines with counting collections, warm-ups, Number Talks, and Number Strings.
- Build Fluency within 10
- Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- Work with addition and subtraction equations.
- Understand the equal sign.
- Add and Subtract to and within 20
-Represent & Solve Word Problems
-Develop Strategies (count on, number
lines, doubles, count back, making 10,
missing addends/related facts, fact
- Represent & solve word problems with 2 and 3 addends (sums less than 20)
- Fact families with unknown in any position (number relationships)
- Organize, represent, and interpret data (w/ tally charts, picture graphs, and bar graphs)
My Math: Ch 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
My Math: Ch 5, 6. 9, 10
- Count, Read, Write & Represent Numbers to 120
- Understand Place Value
-A “ten” is a bundle of 10 ones.
-10 ones can regroup to make one ten.
-Teen Numbers (count and write numbers 11-19)
-30 is 3 tens and 0 ones
- Compare 2-Digit Numbers
-Understand meaning of tens and ones digits
-Compare using <, >, =
- Mentally Find Ten More/Ten Less of a 2-Digit Number
- Add & Subtract Tens
- Count on Tens & Ones
- Count Back by 10’s
- Add Tens & Ones with Regrouping
- Review Place Value Concepts as needed.
- Distinguish between defining vs. non-defining attributes.
- Compose 2D (chap.9) and 3D composite shapes.
My Math: Ch 8 and 9
- Review Place Value and Number Sense Concepts
- Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units.
- Fair Sharing - Chap.9 (partition circles and rectangles into halves and fourths)
- Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.