|Adults 18 and older may enroll in adult courses. Students are required to schedule and attend an orientation appointment prior to attending classes. Students will meet with ESL counselor, take placement exam, process a student education plan and register for classes during the orientation. Students enrolling in Adult Basic Education and Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
All educational opportunities are available without regard to gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics.
- Auditing: There is no provision for auditing classes and only students officially enrolled may attend.
- Assignment: Teachers reserve the right to assign students to a class appropriate to their level.
- Class Locations:
Adult Education Center (Main Campus): 2510 Lincoln Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Santa Monica High School (SAMOHI): 601 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Main Entrance on 7th & Michigan Ave.)
Main Library: 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405
Ocean Park Library: 2601 Main Street, Santa Monica CA 90405
Pico Library: 2201 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405
- Class Schedules: Course offerings, times, dates, and fees are subject to change.
- Dress Code: Policy is posted in the main office.
- Enrollment: Students are required to schedule and attend an orientation appointment prior
to attending classes. Students will meet with counselor, take placement exam, process a
student education plan and register for classes during the orientation. Students enrolling in
Adult Basic Education and Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
- Fees: Textbooks and classroom materials are furnished without charge, however, they may also be offered for sale. Materials fees, if any, are listed in the class description and are non-refundable. There is no in-class payment of fees. Pay all fees in the Adult Education Center (AEC) office.
- Mandated classes: Mandated classes are funded by the State of California.
- Office Address and Contact Information: Adult Education Center, 2510 Lincoln Blvd., Main Office - Room 203, Santa Monica CA 90405, (310) 664-6222, Fax (310) 664-6220 ext. 76203
- Office Hours (AEC): Monday - Thursday from 9 am to 9:00 pm
- Parking at Main Campus: Entrance is located on Pine Street which is located one block north of Ocean Park Blvd. just off Lincoln Blvd. Parking is FREE!
- Principal, Adult Education Center (AEC): Anthony Fuller
- Public Notice: The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District (SMMUSD) has a uniform complaint process as required in Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 4622. SMMUSD Policy 1312.3. The Chief Academic Officer is designated as the compliance officer. A copy of that policy is posted in the Adult Education Center Office. The policy provides for mediation or investigation, presentation of information relevant to the complaint, follow up and remedies or appeals as appropriate.
- Public Transportation: Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus has two regular bus routes near the main campus of the Adult Education Center. The #3 Lincoln Boulevard and the # 8 Ocean Park Boulevard busses service our area. Detailed information regarding these bus routes may also be obtained by calling the Santa Monica Bus Line at 310-664-6222 or go online to: http://www.bigbluebus.com/home/index.asp.
- Refund Policy (Community Education Program): Full refunds are only available on cancelled classes. A $ 5 processing fee is charged for all refunds prior to the first day of class: after the first class meeting all refunds are prorated from the date received, plus an additional $ 10 processing fee. Refund requests will not be accepted after the last class meeting. NO REFUNDS on textbooks or on one-meeting classes after they have been conducted.
- Santa Monica-Malibu USD Board of Education: Oscar de la Torre, Craig Foster, Jon Kean, Maria Leon-Vazquez, Laurie Lieberman, Ralph Mechur, Dr. Richard Tahvildaran-Jesswein
- Superintendent: Dr. Ben Drati
- Smoke-Free Campus and Grounds Policy: Smoking is prohibited on campus, including parking lots, before, during, and after any school-related activities.
- Textbook Policy: Policy is posted in the main office.