|Adults 18 and older may enroll in adult courses. Students are required to schedule and attend an orientation appointment prior to attending classes. Students will take assessment, meet with counselor, process student education plan and register for classes at the time of the orientation. Students enrolling in Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
All educational opportunities are available without regard to gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics.
- Auditing: There is no provision for auditing classes and only students officially enrolled may attend.
- Assignment: Teachers reserve the right to assign students to a class appropriate to their level.
- Class Locations:
Adult Education Center (Main Campus): 2510 Lincoln Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Main Library: 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405
Pico Library: 2201 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405
- Class Schedules: Course offerings, times, dates, and fees are subject to change.
- Dress Code: Policy is posted in the main office.
- Enrollment: Students are required to schedule and attend an orientation appointment prior to attending classes. Students will take assessment, meet with counselor, process student education plan and register for classes at the time of the orientation. Students enrolling in Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
- Fees: Textbooks and classroom materials are furnished without charge, however, they may also be offered for sale. Materials fees, if any, are listed in the class description and are non-refundable. There is no in-class payment of fees. Pay all fees in the Adult Education Center (AEC) office
- Mandated classes: Mandated classes are funded by the State of California.
- Office Address and Contact Information: Adult Education Center, 2510 Lincoln Blvd., Main Office - Room 203, Santa Monica CA 90405, (310) 664-6222, Fax (310) 664-6220 ext. 76203
- Office Hours (AEC): Monday - Thursday from 9 am to 9:00 pm
- Parking at Main Campus: Entrance is located on Pine Street which is located one block north of Ocean Park Blvd. just off Lincoln Blvd. Parking is FREE!
- Principal, Adult Education Center (AEC): Anthony Fuller
- Public Notice: The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District (SMMUSD) has a uniform complaint process as required in Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 4622. SMMUSD Policy 1312.3. The Chief Academic Officer is designated as the compliance officer. A copy of that policy is posted in the Adult Education Center Office. The policy provides for mediation or investigation, presentation of information relevant to the complaint, follow up and remedies or appeals as appropriate.
- Public Transportation: Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus has two regular bus routes near the main campus of the Adult Education Center. The #3 Lincoln Boulevard and the # 8 Ocean Park Boulevard busses service our area. Detailed information regarding these bus routes may also be obtained by calling the Santa Monica Bus Line at 310-664-6222 or go online to: http://www.bigbluebus.com/home/index.asp.
- Santa Monica-Malibu USD Board of Education: Oscar de la Torre, Craig Foster, Jon Kean, Maria Leon-Vazquez, Laurie Lieberman, Ralph Mechur, Dr. Richard Tahvildaran-Jesswein
- Superintendent: Dr. Ben Drati
- Smoke-Free Campus and Grounds Policy: Smoking is prohibited on campus, including parking lots, before, during, and after any school-related activities.
- Textbook Policy: Policy is posted in the main office.