What is the “2014 GED® Test”?
- The GED® test has been updated to make sure it measures what graduating high school seniors know and what colleges and employers will expect of you.
- Four content areas: Reasoning Through Language Arts (150 minutes including a 10-minute break), Mathematical Reasoning (90 minutes), Science (90 minutes), and Social Studies (90 minutes)
- The GED is offered on computer (not online) with paper testing available for accommodations only
- It is offered in English and in Spanish
- 3 opportunities to test per year, per content area
- Seven different item types: Extended response, Drag-and-drop, Drop-down, Fill-in-the-blank, Hot spot, Multiple choice, and Short answer
- On the 2014 GED® test you need to earn at least 150 points in each subject to pass.
- Enhanced Score Report - The enhanced score report from GED Testing Service provides targeted feedback for each test-taker so they know their strengths, what skills to develop, and how to score higher on their re-test. Same-day scoring is provided on all four parts including the new score report for reporting and remediation.
- Students passing the GED® test will automatically receive an electronic, secure, diploma and Smart Transcript. This is delivered immediately to their email address after their test is scored. Test-takers can view, print, and request a professionally-printed diploma free of charge.
- General Information:
Begin here if ready to take the 2014 GED® Test:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/mygedfaqs
- STEP 1: Register or sign in at www.ged.com
- STEP 2: “Schedule Test”
- If this is the first time scheduling an appointment, answer questions and continue to next step.
- STEP 3: *Select Exam Language (English/Spanish)
- STEP 4: Select only up to two exams if testing at our center (Tuesday & Thursday 1-530pm)
- STEP 5: Select test center near home address or type in “Santa Monica” and click “Search”
- STEP 6: Select “Adult Education Center” and click “Next”.
- STEP 7: Select desired date and time. CONFIRM TEST CENTER before moving forward!
- STEP 8: If selection is complete, “Proceed to Checkout” or “Add Another” to select more exams*
- STEP 9: Confirm name and phone number
- STEP 10: Review and agree to policies
- STEP 11: Review order total and enter payment/billing information (American Express, MasterCard & Visa)
- Voucher/Promotion code may be entered here
Begin here if you are not sure if you are ready to take the 2014 GED® Test:
GED PREPARATION PROGRAM NEW COURSE OFFERINGS!
- STEP 1: Call (310) 664-6222 ext. 76203 to schedule an assessment and orientation session with the Adult Education Center counselor
- STEP 2: Take FREE GED practice test at the adult school.
- STEP 3: Meet with the Adult Education Center counselor and review assessment results
- STEP 4: Enroll in GED preparation classes or schedule to take the GED® test at www.ged.com
- 2014 GED® Test Schedule @ AEC: Tuesday and Wednesday 1pm-5:30pm through May 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQcs): www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/mygedfaqs
Registration & Information:
(310) 664-6222, Ext. 76203
2510 Lincoln Blvd.
Santa Monica CA 90405
Parking entrance on Pine St.
Enrollment: New and returning students will be required to take a two-part placement exam prior to enrollment. Assessment and enrollment sessions take place by appointment. Sessions take approximately 1 1⁄2 hours. Please plan accordingly.
- Test Preparation / GED Math*
Tuesday & Thursday, 6 - 9 pm, AEC Rm 16 Cr: 5 (125892)
Materials Fee: $ 0
The GED Math Learning Center offers individualized instruction in preparation for the GED test.
- Test Preparation / GED Language Arts*
Wednesday, 6 - 9 pm, AEC Rm 1 Cr: 5 (#125891),
Materials Fee: $ 0