|When using your vehicle to transport students on field trips or other school activity trips:
- Be sure that you have a valid driver's license and current liability insurance of at least $300,000 per occurrence.
- Check the safety of your vehicle: tires, brakes, lights, horn, suspension, etc.
- Carry only the number of passengers for which your vehicle was designed and has safety belts. If you have a truck or pickup, carry only as many as can safely sit in the passenger compartment.
- Children must be secured in an appropriate child passenger restraint (safety seat or booster seat) until they are at least 6 years old or weigh at least 60 pounds.
- Verify that each student passenger has a Parent/Guardian Permission For Transporting Student in Private Vehicle notice on file at the school.