||When an injured employee or registered volunteer needs medical treatment beyond first aid take the following steps:
For a medical emergency call 911
Note: If the injury or incident results in death, disfigurement, or hospitalization the local office of the California Occupation Safety & Health Administration must be notified within eight (8) hours. Call Risk Management and the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources immediately.
- Complete DWC 1 and give copy to employee and fax a copy to Risk Management.
- Complete Form 5020 and Fax a copy to Risk Management.
- Complete the appropriate Authorization for Treatment and give it to the employee to take to the medical provider: Authorization for Treatment, West LA Urgent Care or Authorization for Treatment, Brentview or Authorization for Treatment, Malibu.
- Provide the employee with a Return to Work form.
- Send them to the appropriate medical facility (their own MD if they pre-designated ahead of time with a form).
- Complete the Supervisor’s Accident Investigation form and send to Risk Management.
- Fax DWC1 and 5020 and accident investigation to Risk Management. Fax number: (310) 452-3468
Instructions for reporting injury to Cal OSHA