SMMUSD Homepage         

  First Aid Treatment

1st Aid Report
When an employee is injured, 1st aid treatment should be provided by the school nurse or health care clerk.

If an employee is injured and only requires 1st aid treatment, do the following:
  1. Complete the Report of First Aid Case

  2. Provide to the employee a DWC 1 form (Important: the injured employee only needs to complete and return this form if and when they need to be seen by a doctor)

  3. Fax the completed Report of First Aid Case to Risk Management, (310) 452-3468

Note: The employee has up to one year after the date of injury to file a claim if they need treatment beyond first aid. There is no loss of benefits if the employee wants to wait to determine if the first aid treatment is adequate. If it is determined that treatment by a doctor is needed, then follow the steps for “Needs Treatment by Doctor”.

Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
1651 16th Street
Santa Monica, California 90404