Dun & Bradstreet Summer Paid Internship 2017
In partnership with the Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation
Information and Qualifications:
- Must be a current Junior in Santa Monica-Malibu high schools.
- Exhibit academic success with minimum 3.0 GPA
- Five internships offered in Marketing or Technology. Final department assignments will be determined after final selection for the internship opportunity.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong critical thinking skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to get to and from Malibu work location: 22761 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265 (The Metro 534 travels PCH from Santa Monica to Trancas Canyon)
- Available to work 32 hours a week, Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm for an entire 6 week period, June 12 - July 21, 2017. Compensation will be $12.00 per hour
To learn more about the 2015 Dun & Bradstreet Summer Intern Program view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtttz3uPOvY and for the 2014 program view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYruhVenXI
To Apply: Go to the CTE/ROP website and click on the “D&B Info” tab at the top. http://www.smmusd.org/rop
Follow the red links on the left. Complete the Google Doc “Intent to Apply” and submit as soon as possible. Complete the Dun & Bradstreet fillable PDF application. Complete and save the PDF application before printing three copies. Both student and parent must initial and sign all three D&B application copies.
Students must submit three copies of the application packet: an unofficial transcript, cover letter, resume and the completed and signed D&B application to the CTE/ROP office at Santa Monica High School. All application materials and transcript are due Thursday May 4, 2017. Place all your materials in a folder or a large envelope with your name clearly marked on the outside. Do not staple your materials together. Incomplete application materials, hand written applications or unsigned/initialed applications or applications submitted without a transcript will not be considered. DO NOT STAPLE OR FOLD ANY MATERIALS.
Applications will be screened and candidates selected to move forward to the first round group interviews will be notified by email on Friday May 5. All correspondence and notification regarding the application process will be to the email address you provide. It is your responsibility to check your email and respond.
All applicants will be invited to a lunch meeting regarding tips and suggestions for a successful application process. Information will be provided via the email address you provide in the Intent to Apply. Students are encouraged to attend but the lunch meeting is not mandatory.
First round group interviews will be held at Santa Monica High School on Tuesday May 9 (Tentative) and final selection interviews will be held at the Dun & Bradstreet Malibu location on Thursday May 11 or Monday May 15, 2017 (Tentative).